Chocolate ganache’ is a hassle free, non – baking recipe but a finger licking one. You can just make it and dip the fruits and eat. Scrumptious.
- Dark chocolate (70%) 250gm
- Whipping cream 250 ml
- Butter (Optional) 1 tablespoon or
- Light corn syrup (Optional) 1 tablespoon
This is called as 1 Quantity of Chocolate Ganache’. It can be used to cover a 7 inch (18cm) cake.
- In a thick bottom sauce pan, heat the whipping cream only till small bubbles appear and not more than that.
- Cut the chocolate into small pieces and keep aside.
- Pour the warm cream on top of the chocolate, cover it and leave it undisturbed for 15 minutes.
- Open it and start to whisk the mixture gently until there is no fine particles of chocolate.
- The ganache will become thick in consistency by placing in the fridge
- Depending on the thickness of the ganache, you can use it for different purposes like – filing in between cakes, covering the cake, piping, in tarts, fruit dips……simple, easy and lovely to use and eat.
- We will look into its usage individually on a different occasion.
- Whipping cream can be alternated with Double cream or even fresh cream.
- The dark chocolate to whipping cream is recommended to be 1:1 ratio.
- I used Callebaut dark chocolate.
- Any percentage of dark chocolate can be used based on individual’s taste.
- Alternatively, the above process can be done in microwave. But care has to be taken that it is not burnt. Chocolate is very delicate to work with.
- Corn syrup can be used to get a glossy texture.
- Alternatively white or milk chocolate can also be used instead of dark chocolate.
For more Sweet Treats Follow my Blog – HomeBakerzsg at https://homebakerzsg.wordpress.com/ or
You Tube Channel – HomeBakerzsg Akila
Make your cake and eat it too.