HAPPY HOLI !!!
RAINBOW DAZZLER CAKE
YOU TUBE CHANNEL: HomeBakerzsg Akila
Everyone loves to see and taste a mesmerizing Rainbow cake. The first thought is how complicated it is. Believe me. It is not complicated, it is just mind blowing. After all the hard work, your creation will look like a master piece. Try it with me.
- Butter 250 gm.
- Caster sugar 250 gm.
- Vanilla Extract 2 tsp.
- Eggs 4 Nos.
- All Purpose Flour 250 gm.
- Baking Soda 2 tsp.
- Rainbow Food Colors
- Butter 375 gm.
- Icing Sugar 750 gm.
- Meringue Powder 2 tsp.
- Milk 2 Tbsp.
- Rainbow Food Colors 2 Drops each
- Prepare the cake tin by spreading completely with butter and covering with baking sheet. But since we will not be having so many cake tins of same size, we can use aluminum foil tins.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170*C.
- Cream butter and sugar until soft.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat it together.
5. Mix and sieve Flour and Baking powder.
6. Gradually add all the dry ingredients and fold it gently to the wet ingredients.
7. Divide the mixture equally into 6 cups. Add 2 drops of food color to each mixture and mix it completely without streaks.
8. Transfer the 6 mixtures into the prepared aluminium foil tins and tap on the table to smoothen as well as to let out the bubbles.
9. Bake for 20 mins.
10.Test for the doneness with the skewer in the middle of the cake. If it is done, the skewer will come out clean.
11. When the cake is completely cool, stack them on a cake plate and level it if necessary.
12. Once leveled, start to place the first layer followed by icing till the last layer and chill it.
13. After setting, cover the cake with a layer of icing (Crumb Coat) and return it to the fridge to set.
14. Now you can decorate to your heart’s content. I have made Rose Swirls and decorated with multi-color rice.
- Beat the butter until it is soft, fluffy and white.
- Sift the icing sugar and Meringue powder.
- Mix 1/3 of the icing sugar to the butter and beat it thoroughly until combined.
- Continue with the remaining part of the icing until the mixture reaches a buttery consistency.
- Let it rest for 1 hour before using.
- I used 8 inch aluminium foils to bake the 6 layers of cake.
- It is better to use Gel-based food colors. Start with 1 drop on a tooth pick and add more to intensify the color. Liquid color will make the batter into a runny consistency.
- The icing was too sweet for my taste. So I reduced the quantity of sugar a little. You can also adjust the amount of sugar based on your taste buds.
For more Sweet Treats and delights, Follow me
Blog – HomeBakerzsg at https://homebakerzsg.wordpress.com/
You Tube Channel – HomeBakerzsg Akila