Cake Pops are a great way to savour the delicious cakes in bite size. All you need is a leftover cake. It’s a great way to brighten any party. Let’s get started. Click the below link to see it happen..
- Left-over cake 350gm – 2 parts
- Left – over frosting / Melted Milk Chocolate 175gm – 1 part
FOR CHOCOLATE COATING
- Melted Chocolate 400gm
- Cake-Pop / Lollipop sticks 12 pieces
- Assorted Sprinkles, to decorate
- Reserve the left-over cake or cake pieces that are trimmed for cake pops. We can use this to create a cake – pop which complements the cake.
2. Crumble the cake in a food-processor or by hand.
3. If there is left-over frosting, well and good, use it.
4. Otherwise melt milk chocolate in a double boiler.
5. Mix the frosting / melted chocolate into the crumbled cake and bring them together.
6. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop 1 inch balls and roll them in your hands to shape more precisely.
7. Insert a lollipop stick (dipped in chocolate) and place it on parchment lined baking tray and refrigerate for 1 hour.
8. Meanwhile melt the chocolate for coating and keep the sprinkles in separate bowls.
9. Dip the pops in the chocolate followed by a dip in the sprinkle bowl.
10. Let it dry and then arrange it to your taste.
- 2 parts Cake: 1 part Milk Chocolate
- If white chocolate is used for coating, various colors can be added to it for more glamour.
- After completion, in order to cool, inserting the cake pops in a polystyrene block will ensure the round shape rather than a flat side by lying on a parchment paper.
For more Sweet Treats Follow my Blog – HomeBakerzsg at https://homebakerzsg.wordpress.com/ or my You Tube Channel – HomeBakerzsg Akila