CHOCOLATE SPONGE CAKE
- Melted Butter 100gm
- Caster sugar 100gm
- Chocolate extract 1 Tsp.
- Eggs 4 Nos.
- All Purpose Flour 90gm
- Cocoa Powder 10gm
- Prepare 8 or 9 inch cake tin by spreading completely with butter and covering with baking sheet.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 160*C.
- Cream eggs and sugar a high speed until soft and doubled in volume. Add Chocolate extract / essence to it.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat it together.
- Mix and sieve – Flour + Cocoa Powder.
6. Gradually add all the dry ingredients and fold it gently to the wet ingredients.
- Add the melted butter to the batter and fold it.
- Transfer it into the prepared tin and tap on the table to smoothen as well as to let out the bubbles.
- Bake for 35 mins.
- Test for the doneness with the skewer in the middle of the cake. If it is done, the skewer will come out clean.
Now, you can frost it …
Decorate it ….
As you …
Go Ahead and Enjoy!
- Melted butter should be warm, or the cake will sink in.
- Melted butter can be substituted with vegetable oil.
- Add a pinch of salt to egg and sugar. This will help the egg to raise faster and be more stable too.
- If the skewer is a little wet, let it continue to bake for 5-10 mins.
- Butter cakes always take a long time to cool. If you are going to sculpt it or design it, then let it cool overnight. It will be easier to work with and will not crumble
- If no deco is needed, just cut and enjoy your cake when it is warm. This is your special privilege for your hardship
For more Sweet Treats Follow my Blog – HomeBakerzsg at https://homebakerzsg.wordpress.com/ or You Tube!
Share it if you like it….
Make your cake and eat it too.